Saturday, November 21, 2009

Cruisin' -- Part 7 -- Friday and Saturday

Friday morning we were back in American waters.  We left the ship sometime in the morning after breakfast, and got back to the car.  We got our luggage and loaded it up into the minivan, hopped in, and prayed that it'll start.

Not a problem.

The problem was that Elizabeth was a bit carsick on the drive leaving Long Beach, which was unexpected, considering that she'd never complained of being seasick while on the cruise, and also hadn't complained of being carsick on the drive from Northern California to Southern California.

But after getting some fresh air, we were able to finally drive to BCD Tofu House in LA, where we celebrated our Koreanness by eating soon tofu soup, galbi, and bibim-bap, accompanied by spicy salted clams and kimchi.  Although we ate to our hearts' content and enjoyed all kinds of foods cooked to perfection every day on the cruise, nothing hit the spot quite like Korean food, especially when I didn't have to cook it.

Afterwards, we dropped off my parents at a car rental place at LAX so they could visit my gomo and my grandmother, and we went to see my husband's brother's family.  We got to hang out, and let the girls play with their son (who is less than a month older than Abigail).

I also found out that it take a couple days after the cruise for the floor to stop rocking.  :-S

The next morning my husband went on a long bike ride with his brother along the beaches, and after lunch with BIL's family, we picked up my parents and drove back home.

We had a great time.  But there's no place like home.  And I gotta get back to cleaning and the laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment