Saturday, November 21, 2009

Cruisin' -- Part 6 -- Thursday

Thursday was our "Fun Day at Sea."  We decided to take the girls swimming, so we went to the children's pool area, which took us a long time to find.  After a few wrong turns (no thanks to the incorrect diagrams at the elevators), the girls were splashing around in the "warm tub."  It was a little pool, about the size of a hot tub, and the water was warmed to about 92 degrees.  I sat right outside this pool, and was getting splashed left and right, and decided it would be much more comfortable to be inside than outside, so I hopped in to join them.  Unfortunately about two minutes later, some cruise employee shooed me out of the pool, pointing out a sign that I'd deliberately ignored which read "No adults in the children's pool" or something to that effect.  It was quite annoying that I wasn't allowed to be in there with my kids, and even more annoying that I wouldn't be able to "swim" with my kids (not that they actually do any independent forward propelling in the water on their own, mind you), but I suppose it's to make sure that the grownups don't hog up all the hot tubs on the cruise.  (There was another similarly sized hot tub about 25 feet away, and there were probably about 10 adults crowded into that one.  It was too crowded and too far from where my kids were playing, so I ended up just sitting on a lounge chair, watching them from a safe-but-not-too-far-away distance.  When my husband finally found where we were, I left him in charge of the girls and grabbed lunch for all of us from the buffet, and brought it back so we can eat poolside.

Afterwards, we went to a towel-folding workshop where we learned how to fold dogs and elephants.  (Quite interesting, but I'm nerdy like that.)

The rest of the day was homework (Elizabeth, under Daddy's supervision, at the library) and nap (me and Abigail).

A good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment