Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hopefully the end of a half-year hiatus

It's amazing how life can get in the way of writing about life.  Over the past ten months I had decided to take up some classes at the local community college, and although I got good grades (straight As!), managed to work part time at preschool and church (12 hours), had dinner on the table almost every night, and packed lunch for my family, I just couldn't manage blogging on top of it all.  Well, now that school is done, I can now stop, take a deep breath, a good look around, and start writing about it again.  Hopefully regularly.

Some updates:

Abigail is now beginning her last year of preschool.  She's excited about being a Dinosaur -- a pre-K.

Elizabeth's last day of first grade was on June 10.  She got sent home with summer vacation homework, a Flat Stanley that she needs to take around on her summer vacation adventures.  She'll be going with me and Abigail to preschool.

We just got back from a five-day road trip to Southern California to see some friends -- details later.  We've got plans for swimming lessons and art classes too, but unfortunately dance just can't fit into our schedule this year.  I have a feeling I'll be keeping a Flat Stanley journal as well.

1 comment:

  1. Saw your Dland pics. Looks like fun and makes me want to go. I'm sure it would be fun now that Nic is older. Last time we went he was 2. Enjoy your Summer and try and relax a little.

    ReplyDelete