Thursday, June 24, 2010

Introducing Bob

Both girls had their hair chopped off over the past couple of months.  They have a friend who had beautiful, thick, long, black hair, and she cut it off and donated it to Locks of Love.  I thought that was a wonderful idea and mentioned it to Elizabeth and Abigail.  It took a while for them to warm up to the idea, but by the time their hair got long enough, they were more than ready.  Elizabeth kept asking when she will get to cut her hair short "just like Z."  Abigail wanted her hair cut too, but since her last haircut was more recent, we had to wait a couple more months for it to get long enough for the minimum donation length (10 inches).  Those last two months of waiting were an exercise in patience.  By the end of the wait, Abigail was asking me every day "can I get my hair cut today?"

They are so happy with their short bobs.  I also love how it's so much easier to comb, although a part of me is secretly trying to figure out how long it'll take to grow it out again, in order to donate again.  I mean, why not?  It grows for free on their heads, and if it helps somebody out, why not!


Now I want to cut off my hair and donate it too, but I'm so afraid of what short hair will do to me.  It's curly, and who knows what'll happen when the weight of the length goes away -- will my hair go flying out in all different directions?  If only I knew for sure that it'll be okay.

2 comments:

  1. You can always use a flatiron to straighten it. I have to use one daily on my frizzy hair. Plus how cute would you be and who cares when it's for a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've decided to not fight my curly hair. It's too much effort to straighten it every day -- heck, I don't even wear makeup.

    ReplyDelete