Monday, February 2, 2009

Lose It!

Over the weekend I just downloaded this new application to my iPod Touch. I think I love it, but I think I also hate it. I knew I eat reasonably healthy, and I knew I try to watch my sugar and fiber intake, but sheesh! I hate portion control! Anyways, I am able to input the food I eat and the exercise I do (vacuuming counts!), and it tells me how many calories I have left in my daily budget. The best part is that I can add my own "recipes" -- I now have a reasonable guesstimate that kimchi has about 20 calories per 1/4 cup serving. Maybe this is my golden ticket?

I'm looking at it right now, and I'm a bit surprised at the caloric breakdown I have for kimchi:

1/4 cup cabbage, 4 calories.
1 dash salt, 0 calories.
2 cloves garlic, 9 calories.
1 teaspoon ground ginger, 2 calories.
1 teaspoon spicy red pepper powder, 6 calories.

9 calories for 2 measly cloves of garlic, but 6 calories for a quarter cup of cabbage?!

No comments:

Post a Comment